Russia, Chelyabinsk (+5 GMT)
+7 963 0758380
With extensive experience in agile software development principles and C++/C# programming techniques I seek a developer position producing quality software.
I have 20+ years professional experience developing Windows software. I'm a big fan of C++, .NET, WPF, Design by Contract, Test Driven Development, Extreme Programming and security.
May 2008 - Present, Senior developer
Designed and implemented multiple Visual Studio extensions in C++ and C#. Created custom msi/vsix installers. Developed a licensing system to generate and verify product keys.
Tabs Studio is a Visual Studio and SQL Server Management Studio extension that organizes document tabs.
Runtime Flow in real time monitors and logs function calls and function parameters in a running .NET application and shows a stack trace tree, without manual instrumentation and access to source code.
HTML 11 shows preview of static and dynamic web pages you are currently editing in Visual Studio, on desktop and mobile devices.
Visual Commander automates repetitive tasks in Visual Studio. Allows to create new commands and extensions in C# or VB with full access to the VS automation model and .NET framework.
ESharper lets you interactively write lightweight user defined functions and commands in Excel using C#.
Task Canvas lets you work with multiple code fragments at once without switching tabs.
Visual Time Spent automatically tracks time spent working on solutions, projects and documents in Visual Studio.
Regent creates a search and replace regular expression from a single example to update all similar text fragments at once.
KCommands provides a keyboard accessible command line for Visual Studio to quickly find and replace text similar to SlickEdit and Vim.
October 2005 - May 2013, Senior developer
Developed principal functionality for a password management application using MS Visual C++.
Extended a personal data encryption application.
- Implemented Internet Explorer/Firefox extensions and windows hooks to conveniently fill web forms and application prompts.
- Implemented interprocess communication between password detection modules and the main program.
- Introduced additional authentication methods using MS CryptoAPI.
- Added secure remote administration interfaces suitable for corporate deployment.
- Automated daily build smoke tests using VMware VIX API, TestComplete, and Ranorex.
Supported an enterprise mail management system that prevents unauthorized mail access.
Supported an enterprise business intelligence product.
June 2004 - August 2005, Information security administrator
Protected user workstations - about 2000 Windows computers, mostly connected to the local network.
- Developed a general security policy to streamline security efforts.
- Cleaned different computers (that were unprotected) from viruses and other malware, configured software to prevent future infections and returned computers to operation.
- Provided security information, recommendations and news for users and local administrators.
- Organized relevant security updates for OS, applications and protection software to ensure automatic updates and to simplify manual patching.
- Monitored network for dangerous activity and investigated suspicious machines.
NII RES scientific research institute,
January 2000 - January 2004, Senior developer
Lead developer on a team of two conducting Windows application development.
Radiokarta is a radio system for GSM network analysis and radio coverage
prediction for the local GSM service provider Utel.
Researched and developed a radio wave propagation model using information from a digital map.
Developed and implemented using MS Visual C++:
Applied unit testing and dramatically reduced programming errors and debug time, which was extremely important for release builds. Upon completion and implementation of basic requirements, an operational application was delivered to the client. Continued work with the client adding functionality based on the initial specification and emergent requests.
- a module that reads data from GPS and GSM hardware receivers,
- a persistence subsystem to store program information in XML and binary files,
- a module for measured data analysis using Matlab graphics and statistics toolbox capabilities using Matlab C API.
Radiotochka is a real-time radio system designed to track movement of fire
fighters during training.
Adapted and implemented a position location algorithm using distance measurements from ultrasound sensors.
Developed and implemented using MS Visual C++:
- display of calculated personnel positions and a building map on screen,
- concurrent data acquisition from hardware, position calculations and user interface operations using several threads with Win32 API.
August 2000 - May 2004, Senior developer (part-time)
- Refactored core of a fixed assets accounting program (five years in production and maintenance) written in Clipper using an object oriented extension library o:Clip. Wrote large amount of test code that prevented new bugs.
- Developed and implemented data integrity and forms access framework using organization preferred FoxPro.
- Brought to the development team a coding standard, pair programming, collective code ownership and object oriented responsibility distribution to increase software quality and project robustness.
August 1996 - August 2000, Programmer (part-time)
Coded automation programs for an accounting department using FoxPro with MS SQL, Clipper and DBF database files. Solved problems inherent to development in network/multi-user environment.
Postgraduate study at South Ural State University (Chelyabinsk) in "Data processing and control systems" (1997 - 2000)
South Ural State University, Radiotechnology engineer (1992 - 1997)